"Lotus Opening" by L. Folk

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Latest Artwork, as of July 8

"Danae," acrylic on paper


Making art is a meditation in itself. I wrote about this in A Portal to Vibrancy:

 

I learn that painting is like meditation: by looking deeply, you see the possibilities. I show up at the canvas, offer myself as a communicant going to communion, as Matisse says. Hours pass like seconds. I learn the language of archetypes, how to persevere, struggle, walk away in frustration, come back with newfound hope, dance the subtle dance between craft and intuition, but most importantly, I witness how possibilities become discoveries.

Here are some of my latest images.



"Dancer," oil pastel on paper





"Marielle at the Window," oil pastel on paper







"Essex," oil pastel on paper


No comments:

Post a Comment